Mild kidney disease is characterized by glomerular filtration rate (GFR) in the range of 60 to 90 mL/min/1.73m2 or above. No apparent symptom is seen which can indicate kidneys are damaged.
Usually tests done for conditions like diabetes or hypertension often reveal that the patients are suffering from mild kidney disease.
Mild kidney disease , Is it Reversible ?
Find here the answer yourself ,by reading real life testimonials of successfully curing Mild kidney disease naturally at home.
Diagnosis is also done by analyzing blood levels of urea or creatinine, presence of blood or protein in the urine as well as through MRI, CT scan or ultrasound. These tests repeated at regular intervals show the progression of the disease.
Prompt treatment at this stage can help reduce complications and slow down the progression of the disease. Treatment involves medications to control hypertension, diabetes and high cholesterol levels. Dietary modifications, herbal therapies and alternative treatments are also beneficial in treating mild kidney disease.
Mild kidney disease Diet:
* Whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables low in potassium need to be consumed.
* Add a fiber supplement like psyllium or methylcellulose to your diet as it will help the kidneys to excrete the uremic toxins. 30 grams a day needs to be consumed.
* Cut down on proteins to avoid uric acid accumulation.
* Diet should be low in sodium, saturated fats, cholesterol and adequate calories to avoid weight gain.
* Ample vitamin C and vitamin D should be part of your diet to reduce oxidative stress of kidney cells and promote their vitality.
* Stop smoking and alcohol consumption.
Home Remedies to Treat Mild kidney disease:
* Cornsilk: Consume its tea 2 to 3 times a day to treat infection of kidney, enhance vitality of kidney cells and normalize its functioning.
* Dandelion: Dandelion roots and leaves decoction is good for correcting kidney disease by virtue of its diuretic properties.
* In Ayurvedic medicine the herb Gokshura is used extensively to maintain effective kidney functioning as it helps in proper urination, reduces kidney discomforts and removes stones. One capsule of 60 to 250 mg strength needs to be taken twice a day after meals.
* Baking soda: It decreases the pace of progression of chronic kidney disease by neutralizing the acid content in the blood. You can mix a teaspoon of it in a glass of water and drink it regularly.
* Astragalus: You can take 250 mg to 500 mg of the standardized extract of astragalus thrice or four times a day. It helps to reduce inflammation of kidneys and works as a diuretic.
* Basil: Consume basil leaves juice along with honey daily. This not only serves as an effective diuretic but also keeps a check at our uric acid levels and cleanses as well as strengthens the kidney.
Acupuncture is also used to correct mild kidney disease. In works by reducing blood pressure, revitalizing the kidneys and improving immunity.
Along with all these yoga and meditation to reduce stress; avoiding kidney damaging over the counter analgesics like aspirin, ibuprofen and acetaminophen; and maintaining optimal body weight is must to treat the disease effectively at mild stage so that its progress slows down.